On the markets in the coming days, it has a notch like the iPhone X and a very advanced audio section. The price is high but a little less than the competitors
The New LG G7 was officially unveiled, the new top-of-the-range smartphone with which the Korean Lg, after the V30 ThinQ, reaffirms its interest in artificial intelligence. Which has become a mandatory feature in the latest generation of high-end phones. The New LG G7 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and 4 gigabytes of Ram, renews the design of the G series, with a polished metal edge, Gorilla Glass 5 front and rear. The IP68 certification is not lacking, making the new smartphone a device resistant to water and dust.
Lg perfected the Artificial Intelligence features of the camera which debuted for the first time in LG V30ThinQ. AI CAM technology offers 19 shooting modes, compared to the initial 8, for even more accurate photos. In addition to optimizing for nighttime or low light shots, the Korean company has added new features such as Live Photo, which records a second before and one after pressing the shutter to record unexpected moments or expressions that would usually be lost. The Stickers feature uses facial recognition to enrich images with 2D and 3D stickers, such as sunglasses and other accessories, in real time. Then there is the bokeh effect in the portrait mode.
Lg has also focused a lot on audio. Starting from the presence of the Boombox speaker, which uses the internal space of the device to double the bass diffusion and offer a powerful sound without the need for external speakers. When placed on a solid surface or box, the smartphone uses it as a sound box to further amplify the bass effect. New LG G7 is also the first smartphone to support DTS: X to guarantee a virtual 3D sound for all contents, up to 7.1 audio channels with headphones. It is also equipped with Quad DAC Hi-Fi, for a rich sound especially if combined with high impedance headphones.
To start the artificial intelligence functions of the smartphone just press the dedicated button located just below the volume. A single touch of the button will launch the Google assistant, while for the first time on a smartphone two quick touches will activate Google Lens. Users can also hold down the key to start talking straight away with the Google Assistant as if it were a walkie-talkie. Thanks to long-range speech recognition and the highly sensitive microphone of the G7, Google Assistant can recognize voice commands up to five meters away. This feature is able to separate commands from background noise, making the Korean smartphone a good alternative to a smart speaker.
New LG G7 is also one of the first smartphones to offer Google Lensready to use, exploiting the potential of artificial intelligence. Available within Google Assistant and Google Photos, it provides more information on places of interest, plants, animals and books, as well as recognizing text. “LG G7 focuses a lot on core technologies and its launch marks a new chapter for our company,” said Hwang Jeong-hwan, president of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. «Thanks to the combination of useful and personalized AI functionalities with excellent smartphone features, G7 is today the Lg device that offers users the most functional user experience», he added. The new smartphone will be launched in South Korea in the coming days and later on the other markets. In Italy it will arrive in mid-May at a price of 849 euros.
The technical specifications:
• Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 mobile platform with IA
• Display: 6.1-inch FullVision with Super Bright Display technology (3120 x 1440 / 564ppi)
• Memory: 4GB RAM LPDDR4x / ROM 64GB UFS 2.1 / MicroSD support (up to 2TB)
– Rear: dual camera 16MP super wide angle (F1.9 / 107 °) / 16MP OIS (F1.6 / 71 °)
– Front: 8MP wide-angle (F1.9 / 80 °)
• Battery: 3000mAh with wireless charging
• Operating system: Android 8.0 Oreo
• Dimensions: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
• Weight: 162g
• Connection: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (compatible with 3.1)
• Colors: New Aurora Black / New Moroccan Blue
• Other: Super Bright Display / New Second Screen / AI Cam / Super Bright Camera / Long Range Speech Recognition / Speaker Boombox / Google Lens / AI Haptic / Hi-Fi Quad DAC / 3D Surround Sound DTS: X / IP68 Certification for resistance to water and dust / MIL-STD 810G (14 test) / HDR10 compliance / Google Assistant / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 / FM Radio